Wednesday 7 August 2013

A do over

A year ago a friend had asked me to make an artwork for his band. I told him several times that I was really not good at sketching. But he insisted that I give it a shot. The music my friend was into was of the transitional sort. So, I wanted to make it a bit more (lets say) hip. I had just doodled something and I had come up with this.
The idea that I had was to be rid of sight and speech and too only hear the music. As you can see, I literally stuck to that idea. Well in the end my friend's band broke up and I completely forgot that I had done this doodle. But today while I was rummaging through my books I found this doodle. I had some spare time so I sat and redid it in charcoal. So here it is.

I got to say, it was pretty fun doing it again though I didn't make any major changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment