Sunday 13 January 2013

Space out!

The idea of "nothing" is so bizarre. But yet at most times when I've been asked what I was up to, thats the answer I gave, nothing. Usually that means I wasn't interested in giving them an answer regarding what I was doing or I was doing something of no significance at all. But there are times when I was doing exactly nothing.

The past couple of weeks I've been busy with exams. But whenever I got down to write anything, I could not think of anything to write about. I was surprised. I have so many thoughts that run through my head every single day. But when I tried pinning down some of those thoughts, all that came to my mind was "Nothing". So that is what I finally thought of writing about...nothing. Sounds funny, doesn't it?

Its happens many times. It could be anywhere. You could be sipping a cup of coffee or eating or in the middle of something important. All of a sudden you realise that you had stopped doing whatever you were doing for a few seconds. Then it comes to your understanding that you have no idea regarding what you were doing during those few seconds. In other words, you were doing nothing, absolutely Nothing!

I love those moments. It might be hard to understand what I mean. You might be thinking that how is doing nothing a good thing? Well, of course, its not something you ought to do often. If that were the case then our lives would utterly boring.

Those moments of void, if I may call them so, happen unintentionally. May be I can explain how I feel regarding this by taking a few examples. Its like the gulp of water at the end of the race. At that instant all you think about is the water running down your throat. I could even compare to the how you feel when you slip into your blanket on a very cold day. Once you are finally under your blanket, the only thought that runs through your mind is how warm and comfortable your blanket is and nothing else. Those moments of void are exactly like that. Your mind won't be racing against time to come up with answers, your body be moving and exhausting you, your mouth won't be blabbering out pointless words. When you space out, things are calm.

When I space out, I understand the meaning of serenity! I feel as if there is caribbean song in the background and all I can feel underneath my feet is the heat of the sand at the beach. This might sound weird, but after I space out, I feel like speaking the way people of the 80s used to, using words like "groovy", "funky", "mamma". I find it hilarious when I think about it. But its true. May be thats how people of that time period felt when they spoke like that.

So I look forward to the next time I space out. Till then peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment